Dirks attorneys is a boutique law firm that was established in 2020.
We offer a fresh and modern perspective on law and like its founders, are dynamic.
Although the firm is relatively young, our team has gained a wealth of knowledge through their experience in working on the most complex of cases.
We strive to provide our clients with the most cost-effective yet efficient legal services.
Meet The Team
CEO & Co-Founder
Kyle, a true entrepreneur and crypto enthusiast and firm believer of decentralization with the use of public distributor ledger technology. He has extensive experience in shares, credit, investments and more particularly crypto-economics.
He prides himself in the business management and strategies of the firm. Kyle is well versed in the cryptocurrency industry and the regulatory aspects of financial markets. Entering the space in early 2016 he has leveraged blockchain technology and DLT to drive innovation and efficiency in his personal life and the lives of others.
He serves as our team’s founder, business manager and Cryptocurrency Legal Advisory Specialist.
Director & Co-Founder
Dominique, since the inception of her legal career, worked on high profiled matters and ran various portfolios, for the likes of Standard Bank and The City of Cape Town, independently.
At the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic, she was afforded the opportunity to challenge the President’s promulgation of the National Coronavirus Command Council and the lockdown regulations, to declare them unconstitutional and inconsistent with the Disaster Management Act. This led to the case being a ground-breaking and law changing matter.
Dominique is an all-rounder and specializes in general litigation, evictions, and immigration. Her time in the fraternity has taught her interpersonal skills and compassion that sets her apart from most.
A businesswoman and a zeal for law, Dominique is a force to be reckoned with.
Our Practice Areas
- High Court and Magistrates’ Court Appearances
- Eviction Specialist
- Family law and Divorces
- Debt Recovery and Foreclosures
- Curatorship Applications
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Damages Claims
Cryptocurrency Escrow Service
Bitcoin/cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible by default. We provide legal mechanisms and security for safer transactions to satisfy buyers, sellers, and investors of the asset. Our mission is to provide transparency in this largely unsecured market.
- We draft agreements to regulate cryptocurrency transactions between parties.
- We act as dispute resolution agents between conflicting contractual parties.
- Verification and vetting of service providers and of other market players.
- We store cryptocurrency assets in a secure trusted offline ledger on behalf of our clients.
- We offer security advice on long-term storage of crypto assets
Cryptocurrency Legal Advisory
- Assisting clients, retail investors and brokers, with terms and conditions of engagement.
- Advise clients on compliance within the scope of the financial regulatory framework.
- Fraud investigations against persons or entities regulated by the FSCA or unregistered practising businesses.
- Assisting clients with verification/representation of crypto businesses in accordance with the FAIS Act to ensure that they are licensed and compliant.
- Tracing, control, and ownership of crypto assets.
- Advising clients on KYC (know your customer) and AML (anti-money laundering)
- Overstay Appeals
- Prohibited Appeals
- Authorization Applications / Good cause Applications
- Status checks
- All appeals in terms of Section 8(3) and 8(4) of the Immigration Act
Wills & Estates
- Drafting of wills
- Winding up of deceased estates
- Personal Estate Planning
Need a Legal Eagle?
Contact us for assistance with all your legal requirements. Complete your details below and one of our expert team members will get in touch with you.